Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Jen, Tim and Henry VIII


This past weeked i went to visit Jen and Timfor his birthday party. it was a blast! we had kabob's grilled by the birthday boy himself, It was neat to meet tim's older brother, Bruce, the lawyer who had been in Iraq at the time of the wedding. He and his wife have 6 children with another on the way! the thing is they are home schooled and were so polite and beautiful (inside and out). All together there were 20 of us, only my mom me and one other couple were not Pages!(Well, cary's husband Howard isn't technically).

after the party everyone went to bed and I slept in the living room on the couch. The fun part was I happened to be flipping the channels and Showtime's, THE TUDOR'S was on.I think they are doing a free preview this week.It was a bit "bawdy" as Shakespeare would say but it was very well done. It is a miniseries that concerns Henry's as a young man. He was quite the athelete and scholar (but not always a gentleman!) I ended up staying up past midnight watching it. On Monday, I had some serious foot stretching time to catch up on, so i looked up Henry VIII and some of the other people in the show on Wickepedia. the show was pretty accurate. I found it so amazing how corrupt the priests were. This was happening while Luther was writing. Henry's lust for Ann Bolyen actually helped pave the way for the protestant revolution in England. God works in very mysterious ways sometimes!! Also the politics were treacherous back then. If you were a pretty woman and the king wanted you... there was no saying no, the fortune of your whole family could depend on your talent in the boudoir. I think it might have been better to be a peasant.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I am commenting on your post. Now are you happy!!