Thursday, April 26, 2007

Raptors in my yard


The past two days we have had Raptors in our yard! they are not really Raptors, they are sand hill cranes, but they make a sound like the Raptors in Jurassic Park. So all morning long I hear these cranes as if they are just outside my bedroom and.... they are! I got my camera and took a few pictures. They didn't seem too scared of me. On Tues. there were two babies with the Mom and Dad. Anyway, one of the pleasures of living in Fla on a beautiful April morning. I wrote this on Apr. 25 but I have had trouble with uploading pics from the camera so it is fixed and I am publishing now.

1 comment:

Becky Williams said...

That's Larry, Mo, and Curly! We have had those same Raptors, as you call them, in our neighborhood for the past 6 years since we moved into our current home! You're right, they really do make a sound like out of the movie Jurassic Park...I never thought of that before! I always thought it was such a strange sound. Anyway, it's always just three of them together, so Scott & I started affectionately calling them Larry, Mo, and Curly a few years ago. Then, for the past couple of years, each spring we notice there are usually some little babies following them around. So, obviously we need to rename them....either Larry, or Mo, or Curly needs to go...at least one or two of them for sure is a girl! ;o)